Trustees ‘At Home’ - December 4, 2012
On Thursday 29th November Hammersmith United Charities’ Trustees, residents and staff hosted an event for HUC grant recipients, ward councillors, Borough officers and Councillor Belinda Donovan, Mayor of Hammersmith and Fulham.
The event was an opportunity to bring together both our ‘arms’, grant giving and the sheltered housing and to also make councillors aware of the valuable work of the organisations we fund. We were able to hold our reception in the beautiful, new Sycamore House, opened in April this year.
The Chair of our Grants Committee, Christopher Hammond, presented a certificate to all. Chris represents the Latymer Foundation on our board of trustees. He therefore supervises a legacy dating to 16 March 1624, when Dr Edward Latymer, founder of the famous Hammersmith school, left money so that six poor, aged men of, “good and honest conversation” should be provided with coats or cassocks on 3 November each year and 10s each on Ascension Day. We are proud to continue to honour the wishes of this generous benefactor nearly 400 years after he made them known.
A huge thanks to all that attended and to Cathy Lehane, Rita Nath-Dongre, Patrick McGuinness, Emily Fraser for all of their hard work.
We must also thank our residents at Sycamore House and in particular to June Jones and Joan Andrews who as usual, got whole heartedly behind the event and put in a huge amount of effort in preparing for it.
- Ulick London Sports Trust
- Tom from Resurgo Trust with Melanie and Chris Hammond
- Tom from Opportunity for All
- Tom from Opportunity for All with Andy Belton and Rhiannon Freeland
- The Reverend Canon John with Chris Hammond - Trustee
- Suzanne from Debt Advice Service
- Residents - Agnes and Kathleen
- Patrick (staff) and John Howard - Trustee
- Moise and Amanuel from Upper Room
- Mike Smith (Chair) Mary (Resident) and Stuart (Clerk)
- Mike Smith (Chair) and Chris Hammond - Trustees
- Michael Frisby - Resident
- Mary from Foundations UK
- Lizzie from Solidarity Sports
- Heidi from Womans Trust with Chris Hammond - Trustee
- Garry Mcmillan from Phoenix School with Chris Hammond - Trustee
- Eurydice from Gener8te with Cllr Chumnery
- Cathy from Hammersmith Commity Gardens Association
- Barbara from East European Advice Centre
- Amanuel from Upper Room Driving Project with Chris Hammond - Trustee