“Your grant is keeping our lights on through the pandemic. It means we can continue to be a bridge between the Somali community and the local organisations who can support them.” Abdul, Nomad Radio
Do you need funding for your community project?
– Next deadline for grant applications will be in May 2021, the exact date will be announced soon –
We invest in the future of our community through our grants programme. We give grants to local organisations supporting people who live in our area of benefit.
Who is eligible for a grant?
Your project can be one-off or ongoing, but we’re most interested in the difference you will make to local people. We are particularly keen to fund smaller, local organisations with a strong connection to their beneficiaries and a good knowledge of the local area.
You should be supporting one of our priority areas:
- Meeting basic needs (food, shelter, advice etc)
- Work with families and children (supporting parents, education, play, transition points, vulnerable children)
- Countering isolation (in any group and for any reason)
- Building confident individuals and communities
Supporting charities through Covid-19
We know that the Covid–19 crisis has been placed extra burdens on charities. We will also be accepting response and recovery-type applications to cover costs of organisations adapting to new ways of offering support to communities, as well as maintaining services as government restrictions are lifted.
We give out a total of £400,000 each year, with grants made in October, January and May.
How to apply
Please contact us to tell us about your project. We like to talk to applicants to develop a better understanding of what they are doing. We’re also happy to give advice about potential projects.