Applications are now open for our Community Grants. The maximum grant is £15,000. The average size is around £7,500, and there is no minimum amount you can apply for.
There are three grants rounds in February, May and October, and we award a total of £400,000 each financial year.
The next Community Grants application deadline is 18th January 2024.
Who is eligible for a Community Grant?
Organisations working with people experiencing some kind of ‘need’ in our area of benefit are welcome to apply for a grant. We are particularly keen to fund smaller, local organisations with a strong connection to their beneficiaries and a good knowledge of the local area.
You should be supporting one of our priority areas:
- Meeting basic needs (food, shelter, advice etc)
- Work with families and children (supporting parents, education, play, transition points, vulnerable children)
- Countering isolation (in any group and for any reason)
- Building confident individuals and communities
Your project can be one-off or ongoing, but we’re most interested in the difference you’ll make to local people. We know that projects are dependent on core functions. We are happy to contribute to core costs as long as there are clear benefits to people living in our area of benefit.
How to apply
Step 1: Find out what’s involved
Read our Community Grants Guidelines
Step 2: Check your eligibility
Check your eligiblity for a Community Grant with our quick quiz.
Step 3: Arrange a call with us
Please do get in touch with us before you make a full application, even if you’ve been funded by us in the past. We’d love to find out more about your project and answer your questions. Contact Hanifa and Paul on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call.
Step 4: Apply
Ready to apply? Complete our online application form (you’ll need to complete the eligibility checklist first to access the application form).
- Community Grants Guidelines
- Eligibility quiz and online application form
- Microsoft Word version of the Community Grants application form
- Find out about our other grant programme: Flexible 3 Year Grants
- Hear from other organisations we’ve supported
- Any other questions? Contact Paul on email@example.com