We offer grants to organisations working to prevent or relieve hardship or distress in our Area of Benefit and who meet the current funding criteria which from May 2015 are
- Meeting basic needs (food, shelter, advice etc)
- Work with families and children
- Countering isolation (in any group and for any reason)
- Building confident individuals and communities
We explain how the funding programme works in the guidelines available on this website but we are always keen to talk to potential applicants and will usually expect to visit at some point in the application process. Our Grants committee meets three times per year to make funding decisions on a budget of £250,000. Basic information about all grants awarded are published on this page. Trustees are particularly keen to fund smaller, local organisations with a very strong connection to their beneficiaries and a good knowledge of the local area. Those meetings take place in October, January and May and we usually need applications to be with us four weeks beforehand. Dates of the next meeting are usually published on the website.
We now also offer “micro grants” of up to £500 for one off projects and activities or for specific pieces of equipment. These are assessed on a rolling basis and the application form is much simpler. Again we are keen to talk to people before they make an application.
- Download Grant Application Guidelines July 2015 (Word)
- Download Grant Application Form (PDF)
- Download Grant Application Form (Word)
- Download Guidelines for applications for Micro Grants (Word)
- Download Micro application grant form (Word)
- Download Grants Handbook v2 (PDF)
- Download Comparative demographic information for Hammersmith 2011-13 (PDF)
- Download Report on the Grants Conference 2015 (PDF)
- Download Interim Report form (Word)
We are keen to support potential applicants in understanding how we can best work with them to support them and encourage organisations interested in applying for grants to get in touch with our grants manager, Melanie Nock.
Tel: 0208 741 4326
Please see the list of Previous Grants